FRUITY PEBBLES CUPCAKE BATTERMakes 12–13 cupcakes.
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles
- one batch of basic buttercream frosting
- a bowl of extra Fruity Pebbles
If you haven't already, you should check out my basic cake baking method and my list of cake baking tips! Every cake batter recipe I post follows that same method, and my cake baking tips are great tips to memorize for whenever you're preparing a cake batter such as this.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter at a high speed, and gradually beat in the sugar. Then, beat in the egg whites.
- Now you will gradually be adding the dry mixture and the milk to the butter-sugar-egg mixture. To do this, alternate mixing in some of the dry mixture, followed by some milk, followed by some dry mixture... You get the picture. Do that until you've incorporated the dry mixture and the milk completely. Just don't over-mix here.
- Finish by incorporating the vanilla and Fruity Pebbles.
- Baking time! Fill your liners 2/3 full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use the toothpick test for perfect doneness. Remember...crumbs!
- Top with a basic buttercream frosting—I recommend using a piping bag with a large round tip at the end. To frost, hold the tip over the center of the cupcake and pipe straight down, letting a mound of frosting form on the cupcake.
- Dip each frosted cupcake in a bowl of extra Fruity Pebbles.