Mmm…peanut butter. My friend and I were craving something that was chocolate + peanut butter, and I realized…why on earth is peanut butter frosting not yet on the blog?? It’s super easy—just mix peanut butter into a typical buttercream frosting! Keep scrolling for ze recipe.
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Makes enough for just over 12 cupcakes or for half of a standard double-layer 9″ round cake.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 1/2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 2–4 TB milk or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- Cream the butter for a good few minutes.
- Gradually beat in some of the powdered sugar.
- Incorporate the milk or cream and vanilla.
- Incorporate the rest of the powdered sugar. The more you add, the stiffer your frosting will be.
- Finish by mixing in the peanut butter. And be sure to taste as you’re adding peanut butter—this is a step where you can adjust the ingredient amount based on your preference.
- Apply frosting to completely cooled cupcakes or cake.