Firstly, I wish I’d thought to do this when it was my older brother’s birthday last month. I’ll do it next year, Bill—promise!
Here are a few things you need to know about Carl (or as I like to call him, my “former wombmate”).
- He’s a language master. He’s studied Spanish, French, Norwegian, Russian, and German. He’s particularly good with German since he studied abroad for a year in Germany—heck yeah.
- He’s a pro at genealogy. I don’t know anyone with more of a passion for it than Carl. He can seriously just spit out birth dates and stories about our ancestors at the drop of a hat. It’s crazy! Crazy awesome, that is. Should you ever need your family researched, Carl is your man. He’ll find that long, lost ancestor in, like, two seconds.
- He is probably the funniest person I know. His cheerful mannerism and way of telling stories are just awesome. Basically…he’s the person you want to be around at parties.
- Obsessed with travel. He went to 22 countries while he was studying abroad, people! He’s also taken me on quite a few of his adventurous excursions, i.e. Scandinavia, Canada, England… Thank goodness, too. Carl helps me be more cultured 🙂
- He loves loves loves animals just like me! Carl and I often bond over cute animals. We both just geek out whenever we see a cute cat or dog when we’re out and about.
You’re such a great brother, Carl! I love you bunches!