20 Delicious Ways to Enjoy Eggs
Monday, June 8, 2015
Eggs are a high-quality protein and eating eggs regularly can help you maintain a healthy weight. Eggs are also a great source of B vitamins that help prevent muscle loss. Eggs contain so many nutrients, in fact, that they are considered one of the most nutritious natural foods available. Did you know eggs can even help protect against dry skin? In addition to being extremely healthy, eggs are also inexpensive. As a low cost, high impact food, you can’t go wrong with eggs.
So how can you sneak some eggs into your diet? With the detailed instructions listed below, this post is equivalent to 20 different delicious egg recipes! And don’t let the basic subtitles deceive you. Read on as you may find a delicious twist to try with one of your favorites. So try out a few this week and be sure to bookmark this post for later use.
1. Omelette in a Bag. Place 2 eggs in a zippered sandwich bag. Add favorite omelette toppings (ham, cheese, veggies, etc.). Close bag and mix items well. Boil bag in boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove from water, cut off bag, and serve.
2. Spinach & Cheese Omelette Cups. Whisk 12 eggs. Add frozen or fresh spinach to egg mixture. Mix in ½ cup of shredded cheese, a dash of salt, and a dash of pepper. Pour mixture into greased muffin tin cups. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
3. Pesto Quiche. Use baked pie crust. Spread ¾ cup of shredded cheese over crust. Combine 6 eggs with 1 cup of milk, ½ teaspoon of salt, 3 tablespoons of prepared pesto, and a pinch of pepper. Pour mixture over cheese. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
4. Ham & Cheese Mini Biscuit Quiches. Flatten out individual refrigerator biscuits. Place in greased muffin tin and form rims at tops. Place shredded cheddar cheese and diced ham in bottom. Combine 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons of milk, a dash of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Pour egg mixture into biscuit cups. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
5. Strawberry Almond French Toast. Add 3 drops of almond extract to traditional egg mixture. Top with fresh strawberries, sliced almonds, and whipped cream.
6. French Toast PB&J. Sprinkle french toast with cinnamon while cooking. Spread cooked french toast with peanut butter and jelly (or honey) and add a second piece of french toast to make a sandwich. Melt in microwave or return to griddle to heat through.
7. French Toast Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Place sliced or grated cheese of choice between two slices of cooked french toast and use microwave until cheese is melted.
8. Herbed Potato Hash. Use leftover baked potatoes. Peel potatoes and dice. Saute with olive oil, chives, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Whisk eggs in bowl. Add to potatoes. Top with cheese.
9. Scramble. Whisk eggs in bowl. Dice up favorite meats, veggies, or even leftovers. Scramble everything in skillet. Add shredded cheese at the end. Top with sour cream and salsa.
10. Biscuit Sandwich. Scramble or fry eggs. Place on half of warm biscuit or english muffin. Top with cooked sausage patty, bacon slices, sliced ham, pastrami, and/or sliced veggies. Add cheese and condiments of choice like mayo, ranch, bbq sauce, or pesto. Place remaining biscuit half on top.
11. Egg Salad Sandwich. Boil 6 eggs and let them cool completely. Mash eggs and add ¼ cup of mayo, 1 tablespoon of mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Add relish or curry powder if desired. Refrigerate for three hours before serving on favorite bread.
12. On a Burger. Prepare your favorite burger and add a fried egg before serving. Consider topping with other fun additions like pastrami, ham, avocado, or grilled pineapple and teriyaki sauce.
13. Chef Salad. Prepare boiled eggs. Meanwhile, cut ham and/or turkey into thin strips. Slice cheese into thin strips. Chop celery, green onions, and cucumber. Prep favorite salad greens. Top with all ingredients. Add cherry tomatoes, bacon bits, salad dressing, and croutons.
14. Breakfast Burrito. Combine rinsed black beans with diced fresh tomato, canned sweet corn, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime. Set aside. Scramble eggs until cooked. Add shredded cheese to skillet. Add diced avocado to bean salsa. Place scrambled eggs in warm tortillas. Top with bean salsa and sour cream. Roll up and serve.
15. Quick & Easy Breakfast Bowl. Tear deli ham slice into small pieces and place in small bowl or ramekin. Beat one egg. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Top with shredded cheese.
16. Easy Deviled Eggs. Boil 6 eggs. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks. Combine with 4 tablespoons of mayo and 1 teaspoon of mustard. Place mixture back in egg whites. Sprinkle with black pepper and paprika to taste.
17. Fried Rice. Use leftover cooked rice that has been refrigerated. Add a small amount of oil to skillet. Cook rice in oil until warm. Whisk eggs in bowl. Create hole in middle of rice and pour in eggs. Scramble eggs and fold into rice in skillet. Add frozen peas, shredded fresh carrot, and diced ham. Cook through. Season with soy sauce to taste.
18. Sausage & Hashbrown Casserole. Brown sausage. Mix sausage in bowl with one bag of hash browns, ¾ cup of shredded cheese, and dash of salt. Transfer to greased 9x13 baking dish. Combine 8 eggs with 2 cups of milk. Pour over potato mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Top with more shredded cheese.
19. German Pancakes. Set oven to 400 degrees. Place 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in 9x13 glass baking dish and put dish in oven to melt butter. Meanwhile use blender to combine 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, 6 eggs, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Pour mixture into buttered pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve with syrup, jam, or fresh fruit.
20. Bagel Spread. Boil 6 eggs. Peel and mix eggs with 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and half a packet of ranch dip seasoning. Spread on bagels and serve.
Posted by Maurine Dashney