As you probably know, my very favorite way to change up a standard cream cheese frosting recipe is to simply start with a special flavor of cream cheese and leave everything else the same. Genius, am I right? So let's try starting with blueberry cream cheese...
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Makes enough for about 18 cupcakes. (So you can freeze the extra!)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 6 oz. blueberry cream cheese
- 2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 tsp vanilla
- a dash of salt
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar. The more you add, the stiffer your frosting will be.
- Finish by stirring in the vanilla and salt.
- Apply frosting to completely cooled cupcakes or cake.